Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Driveway Seal Coating Questions ?

On May 20, 10:20*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 20 May 2012 06:50:05 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
I think it will help extend the life of the driveway, but how
much is questionable. * While they seal coat parking lots,
they don't seal coat highways and roads.

For the most part, no. *One of the roads I use going to work though,
had the cracks sealed. *Two guys had big funnel like contraptions and
they walked along filling the bigger cracks. *In freezing climates, it
can make a difference by keeping the water out.

my asphalt driveway was lain in 1985 and is still in pretty good
condition today. I seal every couple years....

It drfinetely seals the cracks so water cant get into the surface and
tear it up espically in freezing weather....

the home next to where i grew up has over a 50 year old asphalt
driveway. it still looks pretty good for its age. Tom Meehan is now
over 80 and hasnt sealed it in years. 50 + years for asphalt is a long
time...

they dont seal roads because it makes them slippery, i have to watch
that here. one thing i do is use the anti skid sealer. a piece of my
driveway is a hill.

house smiles when driveway gets sealed it looks so good