Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default built in electric oven stopped working

On May 19, 4:43*pm, Winston wrote:
klem kedidelhopper wrote:
On May 17, 8:37 pm, *wrote:
*wrote in message
hr(bob) wrote:

(...)

How about some make, model, age, etc information????!!!!!

I'm sorry. That is 'need to know' information.

--Winston

If we told you, we would have to kill you.

This discussion concerning taking voltage measurements at the input of
the oven sounds a bit over the OP's head. And this person really
considered screwing around with what probably is a 240V appliance? I
see this ALL the time however it never ceases to amaze me. I think
they were looking for the little man inside sitting on the defective
component and waving the flag. *Sounds more like a case of "Operator
Head space" to me. Lenny

Beckyboo provided us with the trouble symptom,
what she did in an attempt to fix the problem and a
simple request for help, all stated in easily
understandable English.

She safely checked and replaced fuses in the fuse
box, so she should have no trouble safely driving
a multimeter.

As others have said, there is a small question about
what she meant by 'ignition' if this really is
an *electric* oven. *

About the worst thing one can say is that she
apparently expected an answer within minutes of
typing her question into USENET and didn't bother
to answer follow-up questions.

--Winston

I may have been a bit cynical, but people trying to repair their own
stuff these days coupled with the cheap crap imported from China is
killing the repair business for all the rest of us, and if I hurt her
feelings I am truly sorry. However with talk of ignition, multimeters
and triacs, I would bet that she now realizes that this repair should
be left to a professional. Lenny