Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Tradesmen time wasters maybe OT

In article , A.Lee
writes
F news@nowhere wrote:

On 20/05/2012 12:49 The Medway Handyman wrote:

10% of calls are after 9pm, before 8am or on Sundays.

As someone who has generally done-it-himself, this is a genuine problem.
When should I ring for a quote?

After 9pm would seem to be an obvious no-no, as would before 8am, but
what times are 'acceptable'?

Between 8 and 6. Up until 8pm Mon-Thurs. is generaly acceptable, but
working hours are best, as my diary will always be near to me. Sundays
only for emergencies.

It's a difficult one even for callers trying to be considerate, I've
tried to avoid the working day for small traders as I figured it would
take them away from the job they were being paid for. 6pm is out as they
might be sitting down to their dinner and 7pm is starting to be family
time.

For that reason I've either gone for 5/5:30 to catch the run down at the
end of the day or 6:30 to hopefully miss dinner but not be too late.

That said I'd probably try lunchtime now, poss catch them on a break or
leave a message.

And yes, I do think too much.

rest of good stuff noted and saved, ta
--