Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Virgin media, Pirates Bay and US TV shows

Alternatively splash out a fiver a month and get yourself an all you
can eat Usenet account.

http://www.newsdemon.com/

... other usenet providers are available.

While I agree Usenet binaries are a good way to go I see no need for
Adam to spend that money if he only or mainly wants current TV shows.
VM provide free and unlimited access to Usenet - including binary groups
with a retention of 1 to 2 weeks. And if he wants just the occasional
older episode he could always use "premium" service just as a back-up on
a PAYG basis.

And while torrents are probably the easiest way to get such things, I
don't doubt that Adam could cope with eg Binsearch and an NZB grabber
(eg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GrabIt)
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid