Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Tradesmen time wasters maybe OT

On Sat, 19 May 2012 18:12:35 +0100, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

On 19/05/2012 14:15, Moonraker wrote:
I am sick and tired of replying to adverts for services, getting an
answer phone, leaving a message, then getting no call back.

It amazes me as well TBH. I make a point of calling back even if I
can't do what they want. It's simply polite to do so.

There are certain people I don't call beck deliberately however.
Because I know in advance that they will not want to pay my rates.

Other traders will know what I mean.

If I am guessing what you mean many will think it normal to haggle or
try to renegotiate the rate/what was supposed to be included after the
job has started. Because that is the culture of their origins. You
almost need a lawyer to draw up a contract for changing a ball
cock,because if you don't the fact you didn't repaint the wall where
the dripping overflow stained it will be reason to withhold payment,
because by taking on the job of fixing the fault you were expected to
fix all consequences of it.

G.Harman