Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Virgin media, Pirates Bay and US TV shows

On 20/05/2012 09:50, Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Well I have Virgin Media so what do I need to get the other two?

Something to alter the ip address should be ok for the US shows, but
for the
Pirates Bay?

http://www.thepiratebayproxy.co.uk/

Don't know how long that will last? Maybe a more long-term solution is
to access piratebay via a 'generic' anonymous proxy server like:
http://www.hidemyass.com/

It's so trivially easy to bypass the ban that it makes a laughing stock
of those who make up these laws. I imagine that the extra publicity
generated by it - with the words "pirate bay" getting into the news
headlines - could well have increased their UK user base (eg sounds like
Adam's never used it before - "Pirates Bay" )

David