Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default LED alarm clocks all lose accuracy over time

On Sat, 19 May 2012 20:45:54 -0500, "Klaatu"
wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westclox-700...em3cc5fe 675b

or, if you want to see the display at night

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atomic-Proje...item484513a7b2

I've used one of the projection alarm clocks for 4 years now, with the
projector light on 24/7.

When my mother was about 80, I bought something simiilar for her, so
she wouldn't have to roll over to see her clock. But I don't think she
much liked the time on the ceiling. Do you use that? I think the
street lights might have made it hard to see. She didn't mind the
street lights.

I got another one at a yard sale, but I've been sleeping on my belly
or side, so I still have a hard time seeing the ceiling. Worse yet,
the radio is distorted, which is probably why it was only a dollar.
(Well it was on my last trip. I meant to try it here where I know
which stations come in right.)

These clocks were not atomic.

I have a second-hand atomic clock too. I use it to set the time on
my DVDR, which supposedly can set it's own time, but doesn't.

The DVDR doesn't work off of NIST but off of some tv station that
carries the time . Last fall the DVDR got off daylight savings time
by itself, but was still wrong on the minutes! How can that be? On
manual, the clock runs fast 20 seconds a week or so, and a friend
bought the next model, Magnavox instead of Philips, and it does the
same thing. On automatic, it's still wrong by 30 or 60 seconds!

(Ohter than this and a couple other problems, it's a good machine, and
the only one under 600 dolllars designed to work off the air, without
cable or satellite.

No problems. Its has battery back-up, but no projection if the power fails.
All the alarm and wall clocks in the house are now atomic. So is my
wris****ch.
IMHO, If a clock doesn't show the correct time, its not a clock...its a
timer.