Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default LED alarm clocks all lose accuracy over time

On Sat, 19 May 2012 08:51:38 -0400, "Bill Proms"
wrote:

I have 3 Intelli-Time LED alarm clocks around the house, just like the one
he

I don't think the LEDs are causing the problem.

http://www.acurite.com/clock/alarm-c...k-13027a2.html

I initially bought these due to them keeping time when the power goes off
and auto resetting for DST. There is a problem, however. Each of the
clocks becomes inaccurate over time. If I set them all manually to the same
time, within a few months, each one will be off by 3-5 minutes.

So I ask, what is the problem and is there any way to repair it?

If it's based on a quartz crystal, you could shave a little quartz off
the big piece, or sand it off, or attach some more, depending on if
the clock is slow or fast.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Just kidding.