Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default Delta Single lever kitchen faucet. Fixed?

jeff_wisnia wrote:

Oren wrote:

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:16:07 -0400, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

Our Delta single lever kitchen sink faucet started dripping a little
bit when shut off so I picked up a "full repair kit" and replaced the
ball, seals and o-rings.

The faucet now shuts off completely, but I've noticed that the spout
is quite a bit more difficult to move from side to side than it was
before I replaced the o-rings. And yes, the replacement o-rings were
the same size as what was in the faucet, though a bit flattened by
years of use.

If hot water is running through the faucet the spout becomes much
easier to move. (Like maybe the o-ring material gets softer when warm?)

Do y'all think the spout will start to move more easily in a few days
or weeks?

Thanks guys,

Jeff

Was there a "lube" included in the kit? Did you lube the O-ring?

...thinking out loud...

No there wasn't, and I thought about but hesitated to put a bit of
silicone grease on the o-rings since they are in contact with water that
someone might drink or cook with.

I did check the inside of the cylindrical body which slips over the
o-rings and it was quite clean and smooth.

I'm guessing that the new o-rings will take a set in a litttle while and
things will return to pre-rebuild conditions.

Jeff