Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default LED alarm clocks all lose accuracy over time

"N_Cook" wrote:
Bill Proms wrote in message
I have 3 Intelli-Time LED alarm clocks around the house, just like the one
he

http://www.acurite.com/clock/alarm-c...alarm-clock-13
027a2.html

I initially bought these due to them keeping time when the power goes off
and auto resetting for DST. There is a problem, however. Each of the
clocks becomes inaccurate over time. If I set them all manually to the

same
time, within a few months, each one will be off by 3-5 minutes.

So I ask, what is the problem and is there any way to repair it?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

I've always put this down to hash on the mains being interpreted as extra
cycles by the clock monitoring input. The supply companies contractually
have to correct the mains frequency so an exact number of cycles per day
(50/60)x60x60x24, but at any instant can be above or below the nominal
frequency.

I doubt if any use power line for sync. Most have battery backup. Crystals
jump frequency from time to time.

Greg