Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Caple Washing machine, "rubbery" smell.

On May 19, 6:22*pm, MarkG wrote:
On Sat, 19 May 2012 15:33:10 +0100, Brian Gaff
wrote:

This sounds more like perrished rubber. Have you washed any old blackout
curtains recently?
*The debris from those can take ages to get rid of. I'd have though if it
were the door seal, one shoul be able to see the damage. also of course,
you
must be washing bloomin hot to do that.

Is it perhaps overheating *pointing to a thermostat issue?

Brian

100% certain it's the door seal, the old one has bits missing from it.
The washing machine is now in bits, and I am trying to determine if it's
worth putting the new seal in, or if it's just going to rip this one
apart, because the drum is spinning offcentre, or if that behavior in my
YouTube video is normal.

I didnt see a damn thing in the video. If the drum can waggle, it
needs new bearings. Not expensive. If the drum assy is just bent, ie
it rotates offcentre but no wiggle, it needs a new spider. Either way
if you have time to do it its 1/10th the price of a new machine

NT