Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tradesmen time wasters maybe OT

On 19/05/2012 14:15, Moonraker wrote:
I am sick and tired of replying to adverts for services, getting an
answer phone, leaving a message, then getting no call back. If they do
call back a percentage make an appointment they don't keep. why do they
go to the trouble and expense of advertising if they do not want or need
the work? At the moment I am trying to get gardening work done,I have
called 4 peeps to date and only one response! As this is D-I-Y perhaps I
am being OT/ Sorry, but as there plenty of tradesmen posting here maybe
they have an explanation.

It amazes me as well TBH. I make a point of calling back even if I
can't do what they want. It's simply polite to do so.

Advertising is my second biggest expense after the van and as you say,
why waste the money?

There are certain people I don't call beck deliberately however.
Because I know in advance that they will not want to pay my rates.

Other traders will know what I mean.