Posted to alt.home.repair
Tomsic[_3_] Tomsic[_3_] is offline

Default a problem with electric meters?

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
micky wrote:

I knew it would be easy to reconnect, because the first time I was
disconnected, I found the plactic prong covers on the ground weeks
afterwards, and figured out what they were.

When I get a smart meter, I won't be able to do that anymore. ;-(

Hmm. I've got smart meters. When I requested a temporary disconnect, a guy
came out and installed those plastic prong covers.

Wonder what's up with that...

I've never seen anything in widespread use that couldn't be hacked. It just
means you'll have to know something about smart meters and how they work
rather than how to use a pair of pliers.

Tomsic