Posted to alt.home.repair

Default About Fire... Is there an explanation for the flames?

100 or so years ago, there was the "soda cracker" theory. That we were just
an atom in some big universe's soda cracker. The theory was met with a big,
if some what nervous laugh.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Steve Barker" wrote in message

glow. While we can explain how light is created from light bulbs, I've
never gotten a real explanation about how fire becomes visible. Does it
also produce ultraviolet? Is there some florescent type material in the
gasses that make it glow?

this sounds like one of them late night bar room conversations.
"Imagine if our whole universe is just a speck of dust under the
fingernail of some giant being...."

--
Steve Barker