Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Caple Washing machine, "rubbery" smell.

MarkG wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:21:58 +0100, MarkG wrote:

Our Caple WMI 1012 washing machine produces a burnt rubber smell when
washing. It's not all the time, on the last couple of washes, it was
fine, now it's back again..

I am thinking most of these are direct drive these days, so it's
unlikely to be belts and stuff.

The only thing I can think of, is the door seal. We have found some
small balls of rubber similar in colour to the door seal, but can't
see anywhere where it's worn thou.

Does this sound like the likely candidate? Is it worth taking a punt
on one.

I found this, and it looks pretty simple to replace...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhpBQTPmyNs

OK, to follow this up, rubbery smell went away, then it came back with a
vengeance, stips of the door seal arriving in the tub after a wash.
Ordered a new door seal, and attempted a replacement today. However
this is what I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukRgD7dS3SU

Is the machine knackered?

I guess its bent from spin drying that concrete block.

and how hard it is to achieve it.