Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default About Fire... Is there an explanation for the flames?

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

On Fri, 18 May 2012 05:39:07 -0500, wrote:

Probably more off topic than on, but I was burning some twigs and rotten
logs, when suddenly a question arose. Probably more of a science
question. But is there really an answer?

I see you got the answers, but let me add to this. Ever try to burn
one log? Pretty difficult. Two is easy. You can watch the flame go
back and forth as they feed off of each other.

surface area is a big factor.
that is why kindling is used to start a fire,more surface area.
it's why steel wool burns.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik