Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default 250W amp - Mark Bass , Little Mark 250, of 2008, Italy

On Fri, 18 May 2012 16:12:40 +0100, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

A bit further forward I suppose. Exactly the same, for 2153 and original

I would have done a bit more testing before I opted for the 2153.

For example, I would have disabled the "Driver IC5" by shorting the
drain and source pins of T24 with a blob of solder (assuming a GDS
pinout). This would allow the Vcc capacitor (C52) to charge to the
IC's internal zener voltage. You could then compare this voltage
against the datasheet.

If the IC is oscillating, then this frequency may also provide a clue
to the chip's identity.

- Franc Zabkar