Roger Mills

Default Removing glue from skirting board

"Antony" wrote in message
.. .
I'm replacing laminate flooring with carpet. I've taken some beading off
that was fastened all around the skirting board with glue. It came off
easily but there's a noticable trail of glue all round the skirting that

is
difficult to shift.

What's the best way to remove this? I've tried sanding but with no

success.
I've tried a chisel but it's a slow process and I've got 20m of board to

do.

Any suggestions?

I think I would try scraping the worst off by dragging a sharp chisel across
it, and than sanding it with an orbital sander (on its side, of course)
using fairly coarse grade sandpaper.

Roger