Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Bureaucratic PITA is Festool's Fault!

On 18 May 2012 05:25:27 GMT, Puckdropper
Would you have saved any money if you asked someone to buy it here in the
states and ship it to you?

Yes, I considered that. And, I do have a friend in the states who will
ship me stuff, but considering the size of the Domino/vacuum package
and the hassle of reshipping it, I just didn't want to put him that.

Besides, I was considering buying some additional stuff. Spending
upwards of $2000 online without inspecting in person what I wanted
doesn't sit too well with me.

I'm not sure about hassle, though. From what I've heard, getting some
things through cu$tom$ can be a big hassle.

Yeah, part of the road trip idea was the fact that I'd be there in
person to handle problems.