Dave Liquorice

Default My wierd running water sound.....

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:21:38 GMT, Mike Hibbert wrote:

Yes, when I turn off the garage stopcock the noise stops.

We have capped off the stub pipe and unfortunately the noise still
goes on! Bugger!

Indeed.

The next plan is to dig back to the inspection chamber and to
replace the whole tapand then route this as a new feed into the
house.

snip
If it still leaks and the noise is still there, then we may have to

If you replace the length from the house interior to to garage
stopcock and the garage stop still controls the noise then something
weird is going on. Assuming no demand for water in the house. You did
test the garage to house length with the house cock off?

You mentioned elsewhere a change from lead to copper at an unknown
location, my bet would be that joint.

And plastic yes, the blue stuff I'd use 28mm. As you have a lead
service pipe it might be worth getting touch with the local water
board. Some have/had schemes where they would replace lead service
pipes for free if there was no lead in the property anymore...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail