Posted to alt.home.repair
Arklin K. Arklin K. is offline

Default Do I need $6,000 water softener for 12 to 14 grains of calciumin well water?

On Thu, 17 May 2012 22:55:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

A good unit properly setup and serviced by a reputable company is far
more important than saving fifty bucks up front. Find a reliable
seller.

Fifty bucks is one thing, but this seems to be $6000 bucks.

Googling, I found this price which is $6,500 installed for the Kinetico
2060s (which I assume is the same or similar to the Kinetico 2060 I was
quoted for $6,000).

Seems high though - for 'just' a water softener ...