Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Message to Bill

"klem kedidelhopper"

** FFS - ****HEAD

Watch where you put your ****ing POSTS !!!!!!

As I said previously the 100 watt Technics mono amplifier has just one
output which I believe to be 8.0 ohms. The model number of the amp,
for purposes of this discussion is irrelevant.

** That is not for a nut case moron like you to say.

Technics do not make mono amps.

Post the model number and prove me wrong !!!!!!!!!!

That's where I got the idea of using a transformer (of this type) in
my proposed application. I reasoned that if the primary was anything
close to a typical speaker impedance and the 70.0 volt output side was
properly loaded then how could this damage the Technics?

** The 70V transformer primary probably has a DC resistance of about 0.5
ohms

At some low frequency, the iron core will saturate leaving you with a 0.5
ohm load on the amp - same goes for the transformers in the distributed
speaker system.

70V line amps are SPECIAL - not just any old amp with a step-up tranny
tacked on.

Fraid it is all way too technical for a steaming great MORON like you.

And one final question. Phil, why did you deem it necessary to change
the title of this thread?

** Does not look like that on my newsreader.

FFS post your reply to the relevant post !!

..... Phil