Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need cheap tach

Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

most folks don't believe me when i tell them farming is more techical
than they know.

It certainly is now. With that, I'll agree. With the other, we'll have
to disagree. My opinion, of course, but I think if you get variations as
wide as you say for any reason other than nozzle erosion and pump wear,
something isn't right. Slip in the drive train, worn pump rollers...
something. Is yours a big field machine with an automatic tranny?
Torque converter maybe doesn't lock up completely?

Everybody uses less than the label rate, if they can get uniform
coverage, and if it works at those levels and prevailing weather. If
I'm spraying Basogran, I'd _LIKE_ to use 1/10th label... but it doesn't
work that way. Then there's Sonar for the pond and irrigation ditches...
sigh

Karl, I don't have a "real" farm, just 20 acres in turf grass sod. So
YMMV on "real" crops. My numbers have to come out close, too. Sod sells
for cheap, unless you're the cutter/distributor.

Lloyd