Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need cheap tach

Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

Anybody suggest a inexpensive tach to
retrofit to an old gasoline engine? I need to know 1350 from 1325 or

Karl,
There are all sorts of small analog tachs available in auto stores for
cheap.

I installed one on my diesel tractor using a hall effect sensor to do the
triggering.

I know it's not digital, but please consider that the digital ones aren't
all _that_ accurate, either.

As far as spraying goes -- are you using a PTO pump? If so, volume will
more-or-less match engine speed, regardless of the _exact_ speed you go.

On a PTO pump, you control volume with flow restriction.

LLoyd

LLoyd