Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default 250W amp - Mark Bass , Little Mark 250, of 2008, Italy

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
On Wed, 16 May 2012 12:34:31 +0100, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I checked the pcb traces and pins 1 and 4 are swapped over on that

schematic
, the 270K dropper agrees but ground and supply are swapped so pinning
agreement with those IR... ones

If you measure the Vcc of the IC, then that should narrow down the
suitable candidates. Vcc is determined by an internal zener, not by
the external components. It doesn't sound like this IC is the problem,
though.

- Franc Zabkar

When I get back to it I will try a 72V zener over one of the Brown-out?
zener chain of 220/200V zeners, while srill trying with 60 percent mains (2
x200V caps across the main DC - reminder to myself to find a workaday
formula for "Vz" of zeners at 1/10 to 1/10000 of rated current )