Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Head mounted magnifier recommendation?

BQ340 wrote in news:4fb30fa8$0$7431$a8266bb1
@newsreader.readnews.com:

On 5/15/2012 8:38 PM, axolotl wrote:

I presently use an old Edroy that works well but has too short a

working
distance.
Are there any grades between the $35 B&L and the $350 Zeiss?

Kevin Gallimore

I like my Optivisor with the glass lens option. The working distance
depends on magnification factor, I have the 2-3/4X @ 6" distance. The
lens are pretty good, I barley notice any distortion at the very edge.

If you keep the box & receipt they have a lifetime warranty but I have
never needed to take them up on it so far.

Also I find very handy is my flip-up eye loupe that clips on my

glasses.
It has 2 lens that are 3.5X that can double to 7X. The 7X does have a
short working distance but is nice to have that available, the 3.5X WD
is about 6".

MikeB

Enco sells Optivisors, and frequently has them on sale. They can gt down
to about half of what a lot of places charge.

I have about 6 pairs scattered around the house & shop, and several more
at work.

Doug White