David Hearn

Default 4" roof joists @ 30cm spacing - planning to board out loft

"David Hemmings" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 13:13:49 -0000, "David Hearn"
wrote:

"David Hemmings" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:14:33 +0000 (UTC), "Rick Hughes"
wrote:

ummm not waterproof, but water resistant EN312-5 or P5, but in a loft
P4 should be adequate and should be about a pound a sheet cheaper (£5
vs £6 per 8x2 board)

Ahh, so the £3.90 + VAT (£4.58 inc) is a good price for P4 boarding

(quote
given on Friday - with them not trying to beat another price). And £3.96

+
VAT for P5 is also a good price then (quoted on an leaflet advertising

their
new store I've got from the same local merchants, valid until 31st Dec).

Wondering whether to use P5 seeing as the roof is unlined.... just in
case....

Total number of boards I need for the main section is 11. Need another

10
for the 2 sided portions, so even if £1 extra per board, that's only an
extra £21 - better that than having problems should there be a small drip

or
something.

Yes good price if it includes delivery, make sure you get an en312
stamp as some boards are not up to spec.

for such a small price extra the peace of mind you will receive should
definitely make it worth it...

Yep - free delivery on orders over £30. Finally we've got a wood yard in
Guildford!! Don't have to rely on B&Q now.