Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Del Rosso[_4_] Tom Del Rosso[_4_] is offline

Default Totally OT

Leon wrote:
What happens when schools stop teaching music.

We had about 2 hours of music instruction in 8 years of Catholic grade
school. PBS and WQXR taught me a lot more. I have 2 family members with
taste in music and they gave me a start.

When I was 11, I liked jazz and my friends liked KISS. I couldn't
understand why they didn't want to listen to music. It's my opinion now
that most people never really listen to music. Not really listen.

But to your question, I don't think school can really make a difference.
Most people are born with no taste, but instead with a predisposition to
follow a herd. The most you can do is act as a shepherd to the herd, and
too many modern parents don't do that. It takes solidarity among adults.

What happens when you let them do this to express their individuality.

What happens when you don't discipline your kids.

I don't think Beiber has a real sense of individuality. He emulates rappers
because he thinks that's the right herd to follow.

Lots of famous or infamous (Lewinsky) kids appear to have parents with no
leadership skills at all.

What happens when kids have more money than their parents.

The excess money is detrimental, but it's not catastrophic. They can have
discipline at the same time.

When I was 5, I got $5 in the Christmas card from my grandmother. Now they
get $100 at a time. I probably got $25 at Confirmation. I know a girl who
just got $1100 at her Confirmation.

The result of this is that kids don't learn the value of money, but they can
have discipline in other ways at the same time. My sister's son sometimes
had more liquid cash than his parents. They took loans from him - with
interest. But he wasn't given the kind of license the kids in those
pictures get.

Yes, this is Justin Berber. White boy gone wrong and having no pride
in himself.

http://music.yahoo.com/photos/wango-...337025812.html

zero, and remove the last word.