Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Santander.

Martin Bonner wrote
Rod Speed wrote
PeterC wrote
harryagain wrote

I wonder how safe your money is in Santander these days?

AIUI Santander in UK is (financially) separate from Santander in Spain.

Fraid not
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santander_UK

That doesn't seem (to me) to support your "Fraid not" comment.

Corse it does. When it's a wholly owned subsidiary of
Santander in Spain, its clearly not '(financially) separate'

Santander UK is a separate legal entity from Santander in Spain.

Yes, but not '(financially) separate' when its wholly owned by them.

If Santander in Spain goes bust, that doesn't mean
that all the money in the UK can be siphoned out
to pay for the losses (well, not without Directors
facing fraud charges and probable jail terms).

I was JUST commenting on that '(financially) separate' claim.