Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_6_] Jon Danniken[_6_] is offline

Default a problem with electric meters?

micky wrote:
One of my friends sends me an email about a local state rep who is
preseinting to the Md. Public Service Commission a "case" to allow
people to reject smart meters. Nowhere does it say what kind of
meter, and I'm thinking it might means taximeter or galvanometer, but
I guess it means electric meters. Or gas meters?

Is there any reason to reject one?

Among other concerns, they will be used to implement "time of day" and
"demand" price structuring, increasing the cost of residential electicity.
A lot of "greens" are solidly behind this technology as a way to jack up
prices in an effort to reduce electricity usage (and reduce what they see as
the cause of global warming/climate change).

We actually have a fellow in the current election for electric board
commisioner who is running on that exact platform.

Jon