Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default OT Santander.

In message , Nightjar
writes
On 14/05/2012 23:10, geoff wrote:
In message , stuart noble
writes
On 13/05/2012 11:26, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/05/2012 17:10, harryagain wrote:
I wonder how safe your money is in Santander these days?

If you are worried, move your money to the Hong Kong and Shanghai
Banking Corporation, who were, until the banking crisis revealed HSBC as
one of the few high street banks with more assets than liabilities,
often criticised as being overly cautious in their investments.

Colin Bignell

Bunch of wimps :-)

Phoned them up today just to see what their raes were (I don't always
trust tables with their bonuses etc

Flexible saver - 0.5% interest ...

that's not a saver, it's a loser account

Are there banks that offer better for a similar type of account? From a
cursory wander around some of the other banks' web sites, if you
exclude any introductory bonus, that seems to be about normal,

I don't think that its something that you can exclude

I took time out today to go for a wander up the high street today

pretty pathetic all round. This thread having come as a bit of a wake up
call, I needed two new accounts. One was with the cheltenham and
gloucester - no internet access, and a little blue book with withdrawals
by cheque only, how quaint. I was led to wonder of they had banks of
desks with young boys with quill pens at the back doing the accounts

with some variation up or down in some banks, depending upon the
amount invested, for a fully flexible instant access savings account.

Colin Bignell

--
Geoff