Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default OT Santander.

On Mon, 14 May 2012 23:10:34 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , stuart noble
writes
On 13/05/2012 11:26, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/05/2012 17:10, harryagain wrote:
I wonder how safe your money is in Santander these days?

If you are worried, move your money to the Hong Kong and Shanghai
Banking Corporation, who were, until the banking crisis revealed HSBC as
one of the few high street banks with more assets than liabilities,
often criticised as being overly cautious in their investments.

Colin Bignell

Bunch of wimps :-)

Phoned them up today just to see what their raes were (I don't always
trust tables with their bonuses etc

Flexible saver - 0.5% interest ...

that's not a saver, it's a loser account

Any rate that is nett less than inflation is a loser (so all of them). To
take income and not lose is impossible.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away