Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Hard water and magnets

On May 10, 7:50*am, "
wrote:
On May 10, 10:39*am, Doug Miller
wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote :

If government schools would teach "science" instead of what's
politically correct, more people would understand what actually
makes the world go round. I never cease to be amazed at how
ignorant the average college student is of simple scientific
principles. That's why they're so vulnerable to "junk science".

You mean believing things like "the gravitational forces from the
Earth's moon have a great many effects on life on this planet down
to a cellular level.... a full moon often had deleterious effects
on those people already mentally unstable and also affected the
personalities of even those who never displayed aberrant
behavior" ?

You could cut the irony with a knife.

I saw that one coming.... *LOL

And it is of course one of those things that "everybody believes but
it
just ain't so"

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-the-full-moon

Excerpt down aways:
---------------------------------
There is a more serious problem for fervent believers in the lunar
lunacy effect: no evidence that it exists. Florida International
University psychologist James Rotton, Colorado State University
astronomer Roger Culver and University of Saskatchewan psychologist
Ivan W. Kelly have searched far and wide for any consistent behavioral
effects of the full moon. In all cases, they have come up empty-
handed.

Jusst one of many scholarly articales debunking it.

I worked in a jail and dispatch for 15 years and also believed it but
I'll bet a good statistical sstudy of police calls and jail incidents
wouldn't have shown anything.

Harry K