Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Electric cord falls off of mower, wacker

On Mon, 14 May 2012 11:05:42 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 05/13/2012 04:49 PM, micky wrote:
My electric cord falls off of lawn mower. It always did this once in a
while but it's gotten much worse. It also falls off of my weed
wacker.

Any helpful suggestions?

I once had a long cord with a locking device (in the female end) that
fit through the holes in the prongs. I wish I could find one like that
now. It worked well for stuff like that.

Thanks you all for a bunch of good answers. I think I'm going to
start with Mormon's suggestion of another cord between the tool and
the current cord.

Putting a new end on might work but both the mower and the current
weed wacker expect the cords's end to go an inch into a hole, so I'd
have to check if a new end will fit.**

I"m saving the other ideas for backup.

**(I found or someone gave me a couple devices I couldn't identify.
Had to ask a friend. They have rubber rabbit ears that are to be
strapped on to a cord, a cord with a female end that is too big to fit
in a hole like my lawnmower has, for the prongs. The device plugs
into the cord, and it has a small male end that will surefly fit into
the hole in the mower or weedwacker. So I could use one of those,
but I don't want to have to