Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT? Do I need old bands on my cell phone if I'm using only basic services.

Is there a still active** newsgroup where cell phones are on topic?

If not, let me tell you all that I'm confused about the topic: I see
4-band GSM phones for sale, with these bands: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
(Quadband)

But there are also 2-band phones, which have only iiuc the USA 3G
frequencies, 850./ 1900.

The bands they don't have, 800 and 1800, were used in 2G phones.

Since I'm only getting basic (2G?) service, no internet, do I need
these frequencies that were originallly used by 2G phones?

**Or is therer even a non-active ng which might have good archives to
read, because I'm so confused.