Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Drywall Question...

On Mon, 14 May 2012 11:45:32 -0400, (Morning Glory)
wrote:

i have a hole about 12 x 12 in a closet
that i want repaired. I spoke to super of my building he says he can put
a piece of wood in it then screw it in

That works.

My question is can he not get a piece of drywall and fix it that way so
there won't be a mess and basically blen it in with the other part.
Knowing him he will make a mess and since i own this place i don't want
it visible when i sell

Is this is possible can you tell me how to do it so when he comes i will
sound like i know what i"m talking about...lol

Thanks For Replies

Look at the 'California Patch'. (says it's best on 6" x 6" but it may
work for you). Also known as a 'no cladding' patch.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kfw8M-a0pE