David W.E. Roberts

Default Longish query - circuit breakers in consumer units

"Mungo Henning" wrote in message

The scariest thing was the huge black spider which had taken up

residence
inside the CU which made me jump more than a jolt from the mains :-)

So you've never touched the mains before then?

Mungo

When hooking my finger round a plug, touching banjaxed wiring etc. I get a
serious quiver up my arm (no archery jokes please).
This doesn't make me jump much at all - just quiver gently.

Large black spiders, however, do produce large involuntary muscle
contractions and distinct motion in an away direction.

:-)