Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Cheaper electricaal supplier npower

In message , Andy
Burns writes
bm wrote:

NPower are offering me a saving of £71 per year if I switched to them
from Hydro Elecrtric Has anyone had experience of using nPower?

No, but I just used their online comparison calculator ...

I'm coming to the end of a 12 month fix with Eon, based on my actual
consumption figures nPower say their fix until Aug 2013 would be
£89/year more expensive, and their fix until Dec 2013 would be
£130/year more expensive, their Go Save non-fixed tariff would save me
£28/annum (depending on future price changes).

JOOI, does anyone know if smart meter readings are accepted by all
suppliers, or only the supplier who fitted them?

I've been with npower for electricity for a few years now, they've been
fine. No major issues, have had to ring them a couple of times bout
something or other and it was all sorted painlessly enough IIRC.

AIUI, at the moment, the smart meter readings may or may not be used by
another supplier, but presumably this will change in future, since the
Govt want's all the meters to be smart meters eventually.
--
Chris French