Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheaper electricaal supplier npower

On Mon, 14 May 2012 02:21:13 +0100, Frank Erskine wrote:

Why do they all have to make it so complicated? It should be possible
to simply get a price list (on a piece of real paper) from each
supplier quoting their price per BThU, kWh or whatever of gas and
leccy, as well as any terms for, say, dual-fuel discounts, on-line
readings submission and so on,

You show exactly why it's so complicated with all the extra discounts
that can apply to the various base tarrif rates. All I'm really
interested in is the final cost per unit on each tariff, after
discounts, for the various charging structures of standing charge and
"no" standing charge.

I don't even need a bit of paper, having the information displayed
clearly and easy to find on the websites would be fine. Not buried
inside a 200MB .pdf, the link to which is also buried six menus down
behind a login page.

At least the comparison sites normally have a link to the actual
charges that a given tariff has.

I was nabbed by a salesman (Eon, ISTR) in a shopping centre, asking me
if I would mind telling him who my energy supplier is. I told him that I
do mind ...

Very wise, there are far too many cases of people having their
supplier changed without giving permission.

Speaking of which, the price of unleaded petrol seems to have dipped
somewhat -

Diesel has also taken a nose dive. 137.9(*) at Tesco Leyland Extra
last night. The Windle Roundabout Tesco Express was advertising 140.9
(still lower than 146.9, 144.9 and 142.9 Tesco Carlisle on the 13th,
28th April and 5th May) but hadn't got any so was quite pleased to be
forced to Leyland. B-)

(*) actually paid 132.9 as I had a 5p off a litre voucher so double
B-) And as each of those fillups has been 80l a reasonable bit of
cash is still in my pocket.

Crude prices have been falling from the end of Feb to the begining of
April the price was around $124/barrel (+/- $2). Since then is has
fallen to around $112 and looks to be still falling down over $1 this
morning to $111. (All prices Brent Futures this 10% or so drop is now
getting through to the retail market. Just wish I hadn't had to buy
heating oil two weeks ago. B-(

--
Cheers
Dave.