Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Cheaper electricaal supplier npower

On Sun, 13 May 2012 22:52:49 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

bm wrote:

NPower are offering me a saving of £71 per year if I switched to them
from Hydro Elecrtric Has anyone had experience of using nPower?

No, but I just used their online comparison calculator ...

I'm coming to the end of a 12 month fix with Eon, based on my actual
consumption figures nPower say their fix until Aug 2013 would be
£89/year more expensive, and their fix until Dec 2013 would be £130/year
more expensive, their Go Save non-fixed tariff would save me £28/annum
(depending on future price changes).

Why do they all have to make it so complicated? It should be possible
to simply get a price list (on a piece of real paper) from each
supplier quoting their price per BThU, kWh or whatever of gas and
leccy, as well as any terms for, say, dual-fuel discounts, on-line
readings submission and so on, so that the potential (!) customer can
then enter these into a spreadsheet and choose the best option.
Only today (well, yesterday by now) I was nabbed by a salesman (Eon,
ISTR) in a shopping centre, asking me if I would mind telling him who
my energy supplier is. I told him that I do mind (Scottish Power, as
it happens, but don't tell the Eon salesman) - he quite politely said
that he was just doing his job.

Of course the reality is that all their charges/tariffs are so
volatile that choosing a "best deal" today may become horrendous
almost tomorrow...

Speaking of which, the price of unleaded petrol seems to have dipped
somewhat - locally Asda are doing it for 134.7 pence per litre.
BP, who were one of the worst, are currently quite competitive .in
certain locations.

--
Frank Erskine