Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tangerine3@toyotamail.com is offline

Default Help bfore the wife comes home! (What makes a kettle black?)

On Sun, 13 May 2012 00:34:13 +0000 (UTC), Bill Keefer
wrote:

On Sat, 12 May 2012 23:09:53 +0000, gregz wrote:

I would want to know what the pot material is.

I'm going to guess stainless steel ... but get this.

The BOTTOM of the heavy bottomed pot seems to have spherical globules of
what looks like lead which may have extruded as I overheated the pot.
http://www.picupine.com/3ec4703x-1

In addition, during the bleaching and acid washing a gray gel like
substance was bubbling out of the entire crack at the bottom of the pot
where the heavy part is ...

If that is lead, you should be thankful you ruined it *before* you
became severely ill from the lead.

Now drill a hole in the bottom, and use it for a planter. Women have
this thing about turning EVERYTHING into planters, anyhow.....
!!! (((Doncha just love those toilet planters in yards))) !!!

One final thought. Get your wife some new pot. I'd suggest some
Columbian Gold!!! (Dont forget the papers and rolling machine).