Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Santander.

On Sat, 12 May 2012 23:26:47 +0100, Hugh - Was Invisible wrote:

There is something about the FSCS in relation to joint accounts

and
how they work with other accounts held by the same people,
individually, with the same organisation. I think you have to make
sure that the sum of all accounts is not over the limit unless you
only want some of your cash back.

Each person has a GBP85,000 limit. If a person has a number of accounts
with the same authorised banking group the limit is GBP85,000 in total.

ISTR some little gotcha with joint accounts and how the balance in a
joint account contributes to the total. I have a sneaky feeling that
the whole balance counts to both parties not as one might expect 50%.

For example Santander includes Cahoot and Abbey.

Another gotcha...

Just a heads up for people that the FSCS is not quite as straight
forward as it might first appear.

--
Cheers
Dave.