Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Richard Rasker Richard Rasker is offline

Default camera image way overexposed (almost gray-white)

s wrote:

hi there, my Konica Minolta DImage Z2 is giving grey white images
on LCD & in the resulting images (but the LCD menu interface appears
normally full color) , & very intermittantly the LCD photo image will
switch back to full color.

also if i aim camera at something bright like a lit bulb, it will
appear as a dark patch in the lcd.

i dissassembled & reassembled the screen, lens,ccd housing, & pcb &
twiddled around with each to see if some contact was knocked loose but
could not manage to find which part is giving the problems.

any ideas? thanks

Hi,

Received your question wrt an identical problem with my Z2 several years
ago -- but I'm sorry to inform you that I didn't get it fixed in the end,
and that we got ourselves a new camera.

Best regards,

Richard Rasker
--