Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pour spout for gal cans

tiredofspam wrote:
I have a tube, but it curls, and I don't want to fuss with it dropping
in and out. I want something that will stay where I put it.

I move this spout from Alcohol to Mineral spirits.. I don't keep it
on, I remove it to seal the can back up.

Good Idea though.I guess if I were to glue it down somehow.

The secret to making any gasket, regardless of the material is to make it
just slightly oversized so you have to kind of push it into place. I'm sure
you know that but I thought it might be worth reminding. That way it will
always stay up inside the cap whenever you remove it.

--

-Mike-