Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Electric forklift battery chargers, do they have to be special or not

On Sat, 12 May 2012 10:08:44 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Ed Huntress fired this volley in
:

Why are these huge prime-mover batteries 12 V? I'd think they would
use much higher voltage battery packs, like electric cars, and for the
same reasons.

Walkie-stackers aren't "huge", and neither are the batteries. They're
about the same size as a semi-tractor's batteries.

The bigger forklift batteries are typically 36V or 48V.

LLoyd

Oh, I had the impression they were talking about really big ones, and
probably a lot of wattage for the motors.

--
Ed Huntress