Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Santander.

Alan wrote:

Andy Burns wrote

FSCS

But where would the compensation money come from?

In the first instance I'd assume the levy charged to all banks by the
FSA, topped up by whatever assets may remain of the failed institution,
and I assume with the government as a back-stop,

The Government have indicated that will not bail out another bank and
the most of the other banks are still counting their losses.

THE FSCS only kicks in after an institution (or its owners) have been
declared insolvent, so baling out doesn't come into it