Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Pour spout for gal cans

I made a pour spout years ago. It's worked great , but it has a few
issues. The seal to the cap can leak. and the cardboard/foil gasket kept
falling out.

When it fell out last time I lost it.. I tried to replace it with an o
ring but none fit. So I went through my plumbing stuff and again nothing
fit. So I made a gasket from a seal that was too large. I cut it in
half to thin it, and also slit it to fit in. Sometimes it works and
sometimes not...

I am no good at making a gasket with permatex, only gaskets that you
compress in a bolt down...

Do any of you know of a solution short of going back to a cardboard/foil
gasket?

Image he http://i.imgur.com/snX1Y.jpg

It allows me to pour alky and spirits without a funnel.