Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Followup on the Darex E-90

"Jim Wilkins" fired this volley in news:joju7l$li3
:

When I set up my surface grinder to sharpen lengthwise flutes I adjust
the spring finger (hacksaw blade end) to a protractor beam or angle
block that crosses through the tool's center axis at 5 degrees from
vertical.

Just thinking about the geometry -- placing the stylus 10-thou below the
cutter center allows for a slightly lesser relief on large diameter
cutters, and slightly more on smaller ones. I figure that's what Darex
intended. They built the trig into the machine.

LLoyd