Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Courtney David Courtney is offline

Default Followup on the Darex E-90

.70...
..

The stone I received was an aluminum oxide cup, and the type 11 cups they
use are cheap in Al2O3 (about $30 for the same size and rim thickness as
the Darex stock wheel). The 11V9 CBN wheels are expensive from Darex,
and (apparently) cheap from import suppliers. But like all things, you
get what you pay for.

The Darex CBN cup has about 3/8" of usable matrix on it. The import
wheels have about 1/8". The Darex wheel is roughly 3X the price of the
imports. OK... 3X the life, 3X the price. It's a no-brainer to go with
the Darex wheels, because they are the right matrix concentration, right
resin, and right configuration to use on the machine. I will buy one
Darex cup and one import to compare them. Darex, $240, import, $70.

You might contact Jeff Toycen, his wheels are fantastic and were much
cheaper than Darex... if you talk to Jeff and don't learn something; you
weren't listening: http://cuttermasterprofessional.com/SC2012.pdf