Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default lead acid battery issue

In article ,
Huge wrote:
On 2012-05-11, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Huge wrote:

Talking of which ... can anyone recommend a good battery charger? My
one went to the great scrapyard in the sky.

If it's just for general use, The Lidl ones which come up several
times a year are excellent.

That means I have to keep an eye on Lidl, then find out where the
nearest on is, then get there before they run out. I'm not sure I can be
faffed.

There are similar ones - probably from the same factory but with cosmetic
differences - available easily on Ebay etc, but at about x3 the price.

I also have a Halfords one bought earlier which claims to have an 11 amp
output, but seems to take as long to charge a battery as the Lidl one -
and takes up lots more space. So saying, it works ok.

I've got one of the Lidl ones fitted permanently to the SD1 in the spare
wheel well, with an external waterproof mains socket. At that price it
makes some sense.

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.